- This event has passed.
EFSW AGE GROUP CHAMPIONSHIPS FOIL(BYC qualifiers)
January 26 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm£20.00
South West Fencing Age Groups Championships (U12,14,16,18) and BYC qualifiers for SW team. Held at Millfield School, Street.
SOUTH WEST AGE GROUPS
1. DETAILS for Age Groups: Venue,Check in times, kit etc DETAILS SW-Age Group FOIL 2020
2.1 Age as 1st Jan 2020 U18 born 002/03, U16 born 04/05, U14 born 06/07, U12 born 08/09.
2.2 You must have South West as your region on your British Fencing Membership and be a UK resident.
3. Those with BYE’s (L8 at BYC 2019) must enter this competition, They do not need to fence but it is recommended that they do. Their placing here will not affect their entry to the BYC’s. For list of those with BYE’s see: https://www.britishfencing.com/2020-byc-byes/
4.Entry to Age Groups :
BRITISH YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIPS : 8 – 10 MAY 2020, BIRMINGHAM
5. There are some changes to the BYC’s: VENUE, DATES, qualification ratio, method of entering and the addition of a South West Levy.
Please see: https://www.britishfencing.com/find-event-3/british-youth-championships-2020/
6. BYC Qualifications: 16 fencers = 8 qualifiers (including medalists), then 1 in 3 qualify 17-19=9 qualify, 20 – 22=10 ETC.
7. If you wish to enter the BYC’s, there will be an additional payment* to made to the region of £10.00 to cover the new BF requirements for referees etc. You will need to pay this on the 26 January. *This is not an entry fee but a levy to cover additional costs.
8. ENTRY to the BYC’s: BRITISH FENCING WILL EMAIL ALL QUALIFIERS to invite them to attend. ENTRY INFORMATION WILL BE ON THE EMAIL. Entries can be checked in mid- April on https://www.britishfencing.com/.